Mental Health

At ACCESS, we provide services to children and adults living with mental illness. Living with a mental illness can seem to be an immovable obstacle to the person diagnosed, as well as to their family and friends. The change brought on by the illness might be slow or sudden and the destructive potential is always present. ACCESS is here to help facilitate recovery and provide support services to individuals and their loved ones.

These services are available to residents of Anderson and Cherokee counties. Please contact the location nearest you to find out more information about our intake procedures.


Physician Evaluation
Medication Management
Skills Training/Rehabilitation
Case Management
Symptom Management
Peer Support
Family Partner
Medicaid Eligibility


  1. Proof of insurance, if any, is required. If applicable, please be prepared to present:
    • Medicaid card (current) and monthly eligibility card
    • Medicare card
    • Veteran’s Administration (V.A.) outpatient card
    • Group or private insurance card
    • Current employment information
  2. Proof of family income is required to receive adjustments to charges for services.  ACCESS does not exclude someone from treatment based on ability to pay. Examples of proof of income include:
    • Previous year’s 1040 tax return
    • A current paycheck
    • A current pay statement/stub
    • Social Security benefits award letters
  3. Proof of residence is required to receive adjustments to charges for services. Examples of proof of residence include:
    • A utility bill (electric, water, gas, phone)
    • A lease agreement


Persons ages 16 years of age and older can request inpatient or outpatient services without parental consent.

Any change of income or financial circumstances or other problem concerning the ability to meet financial obligations during treatment should be reported to the front desk staff so adjustments may be made to charges.

If someone has Power of Attorney or any form of guardianship for a person seeking services, a copy of the legal documentation must be provided.

If a child’s parents are divorced, the parent presenting the child for treatment must provide the legal documentation that they are the custodial parent. Likewise, if a child is adopted the adoption order must be presented at the time of registration